CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 11, 2007

Mother's Day

I feel so bad. I haven't done any Mother's Day shopping. My MIL's aren't even going to get cards. Unless they are late. I have been trying to get out and get to the card store for over a week now, but it just hasn't happened. The kids have been sick all week. Isabelle actually asked to go to bed tonight at 5:30. She didn't even want a bath. She is really tired.

I actually got a Mother's Day present today from my Father and Mother in Law. I was so surprised! It was really sweet. They sent me a miniature rose bush. I hope that it makes it through my care and I will be able to plant it in the flower bed out front. I also got 2 mother's day cards in the mail today. Boy...I feel the love. :)

I went to Mom's Night Out last night with my Mom's group. Even that was quick and not very restful. I was looking forward to it all week. Thomas had it on his schedule. He hit traffic and couldn't make it home until a little before 7:00. I was supposed to be there at 7:00. When he walked in I didn't want to just run off and leave him without giving him a couple of minutes to get his breath. I ended up not getting to the restaurant until around 7:30. While I was there Thomas called three times. The last 2 times were a little scary. Izzy's blood sugar was in the 400's! And of course even with the insulin she didn't come down very fast so he was really worried. By the time I got home it was in the 300's and I told him we should wait for at least another hour to give the insulin 2 hours to work before we completely freak out. When I checked her a little over an hour and a half later she was 68. Gave her some juice which she actually drank and drifted back off to sleep quickly. When I checked her again she was 80. I finally went to sleep with her in the guest bedroom. She woke up at 3:00am wide awake and wanted a fudgesicle. I of course was exhausted. I think she wanted to play, but I convinced her to go back to bed. She's been really strange lately about going to bed. She wants me to sleep with her. I hope that ends soon. I would love to get back to my own bed.

So, I guess I have an excuse. I still feel bad though. My Mom will be here on Monday so I was planning on not sending her anything so that I could give it to her when she was here so at least I have that under control. Maybe I'll be able to get that accomplished.

I'm hanging in there.

No comments: