CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Time for an Update

Yes I have been out of the loop. Somehow I just haven't found the time or energy to blog lately. It has been a busy summer.



Isabelle started gymnastics 2 Mondays before Fourth of July. She loves it!!! She made me buy her a leotard and wore it the whole weekend before her first class. After her first class the teachers told the kids that they wouldn't have class the next week as the gym was closed for the week because of the holiday. She totally freaked out!!! It took me almost an hour to make her understand that she was going to go back to class in 2 weeks. I guess I should go ahead and sign her up for the next session. :)



Poor Alex has been through the ringer. When I last posted he had an ear infection. We visited the pediatrician 3 Thursday's in a row! The last Thursday we found out that the first medication was not working and that now he had a double ear infection. The poor kid has slept 4 complete nights since all of this started. Since last night was one of them I am hopeful that they will continue. We have an appointment tomorrow for a re-check on his ears. I hope that everything is back to normal. He is eating well and is trying just about everything that we put on his tray (Thank God!). I do wish that he would eat things that are more substantial. He really likes things that are crunchy. I have tried shredded carrots and he will eat them occasionally, but most of what he eats are crackers and cereal. If anyone has any ideas for crunchy foods that will have some calories and nutrients in them please e-mail me or post a comment.



My Mom and my niece Logan came over for a week. We had lots of fun, but it was super busy. We went to American Adventures http://www.sixflags.com/americanAdventures/index.aspx which was lots of fun. It is basically a small amusement park for kids age 3-12. Most of the rides are for younger kids and Isabelle and Logan loved it! Alex even rode the balloon ride with his Meme. Isabelle was very disappointed that she was too little to ride the bumper cars.

On Saturday Thomas and I took Isabelle along with Logan and my sil Teresa to Fernbank Museum of Natural History http://www.fernbank.edu/museum/index.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1. We also met Sheila and Andrew there. She was a good Mommy and took pictures. :) These days it is about all I can do to remember all of Izzy's diabetic necessities. We had a great time! Lots of fun things. But now Isabelle keeps asking me what we are going to do special today! Too bad we don't live in a city that has free museums...we would be gone everyday. As it is it is too expensive to do this stuff more then once or twice a year.

During the week that Meme and Logan were here Isabelle had her 3 month appointment with the endo. She had her first blood draw since the hospital. Big drama, but I really have to brag. She did really, really great! She didn't like the idea, but she sat on my lap and held Rufus (http://www.jdrfgeorgia.org/family.asp) and talked to the nurses. She did such a good job that they were all bragging on her. They even said that she was better then most of their teen aged patients. Of course it was only her first blood draw so we will see how the next one goes. I got the results back from her A1C and she did good. In the hospital it was 11. This time it was 7.2! I think that is great. She is doing really great about her diabetes lately. Today has been crazy, but I think everyone has crazy days.

Sorry this post was so long. It has been crazy around here and I haven't had much of a chance to sit down and think much less actually use the computer. So, there's your update. Oh yeah...last night my brother dropped my nephew off for the rest of the week. Garrett is great! He is usually a really big help around the house and with the kids. I am glad that he is here.

No comments: