CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Get out the tissue

Isabelle always surprises me. The things that pop out of her mouth completely amaze me.

We went to visit my parents on Saturday and came home Wednesday. Tuesday afternoon she started running a fever and was complaining of her right ear hurting. I had just taken her to the pediatricians on Thursday and he diagnosed her with a sinus infection. She has been on an antibiotic since then. So, when she started running the fever I called the ped again and they said to go ahead and take her to immediate care. Well, I think it freaked her out. She did not want to go to the doctor.

We got home and I put her to bed and laid down with her. She started talking.

Izzy: Mommy, why am I sick?

Me: I don't know darlin.

Izzy: Who put the sickies in my body?

Me: I don't know darlin.

Izzy: Am I going to die?

Me: Not anytime soon honey. Why are you thinking about that?

Izzy: I don't want to be sick anymore. When is the diabetes going to go away?

Me: Honey, you aren't sick because of the diabetes. You just have a virus or an infection or something. That's why I took you to see the doctor so that they could make you better.

Izzy: Oh. Thank you for taking me to see the doctor.

I just love her so much. Sometimes she makes me want to cry.

No comments: